Intro Kiteboarding Lesson
Beginner Kiteboarding Lesson
$275 for one person
add a second person for only $25
$125 each for three or more
Not sure where to start? Start with an Intro Lesson. This is your foundation for becoming a kiteboarder. Learning to fly the kite is an essential part of kiteboarding. Don’t be fooled by discounted “Group Ground Courses”. This is a private lesson to make sure you (and friends if you desire) get the attention you need to learn the essentials. $275 is the price for a private Intro Lesson. You are welcome to bring one more person for only $25 more. If you have 3 or more, the price will be $125 each.
This lesson can be done on land or in shallow water (condition dependent). It is very important to learn proper kite skills before adding the element of the board. The majority of this lesson is spent learning relevant kite flying skills with a full-size inflatable kiteboarding kite. All lessons are booked private unless you bring a partner(s). $20 deposit required upon booking.
Kite Lesson Info
There are NO Prerequisites for taking the Intro Kiteboarding Lesson. Experience with a trainer kite or stunt kite will certainly speed up your learning in the Intro Lesson but is not necessary.
In this lesson you will:
– Determine desired wind directions and speeds
– Learn basic terminology
– Learn about the “Wind Window”
– Set up an inflatable kite
– Learn basic kite control with an inflatable kite
– Rotate and un-rotate the bar
– Activate the safety system/quick release mechanism
– Learn about “Self Rescue”
– Explore all areas of the “Wind Window” while learning the clock positions
– Learn how to launch and land
– Pilot the kite with one hand and walk with the kite
– Learn about launching and landing
Suggested items to bring with you on the day of your lesson:
4.) Booties (water shoes)
6.) Wetsuit (if needed)
After you have taken the Intro Course, you will be ready for hourly water lessons! Hourly lessons are $125 an hour or $70 per person per hour for two people.
Most lessons will meet at the Shop and then head to the 520 Slick.
110 Dixie Lane
Cocoa Beach FL 32931
520 Slick Location: